Thursday, December 10, 2009

I work at an AMC movie theater and dont get paid overtime?

is this illegal or because they are an entertainment industry do i not get overtime because they r exmepted im 19 and work overtime alot and get paid hourly and never get paid for my overtime i dont see how thats legal



I work at an AMC movie theater and dont get paid overtime?performing shows



First........are you a FULL TIME employee? Are you salaried"?



I work at an AMC movie theater and dont get paid overtime?say yes opera theater



If you are paid on an hourly basis, then they must pay you overtime (time and a half) for all hours you work after the 40th hour in the same workweek.



Contact your local office of the Wages and Hours Division, Department of Labor. http://www.dol.gov/esa/contacts/whd/amer...
I worked at a theatre and I'm pretty sure they aren't exempt from labor laws. However, if you work on weekends or your pay period is wacky like mine was, they can get away with not counting all your OT hours on one paycheck. They wind up on the next paycheck. You still get paid for those hours, but not time and a half. I never quite figured their system out myself but they always seemed to keep it legal by working me into the ground one week and then cutting my hours the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
adware remover